MARKET MANAGER/EVENTS COORDINATOR
Nationwide public health campaign is looking for a Market Manager/Events Coordinator for the Sacramento area! You will be organizing, staffing, and executing events to promote the campaign focusing on anti tobacco use among youth.
This position will be eliminated when the project has ended, which will be anywhere from 6 – 24 months
MUST have event planning experience, management experience, and experience working with youth. You must also be familiar with the hip-hop scene and community and know local DJs and artists.
The Market Manager (Events Coordinator) will report to the Regional Events Manager and will be responsible for managing local outreach activations, local staff recruitment and training, pre-activation planning, coordination with venues, manage engagement staff, develop community partnerships, and any other local engagement related tasks needed.
The successful candidate will act as the local brand manager for Company’s youth tobacco prevention Hip-Hop focused brand.
Roles & Responsibilities Brand Management:
• Develop relationships with local businesses, community partners, venues, musicians and various other social influencers to generate brand support
• Recruit, train and manage local youth to support the brand as event staff and influencers
• Manage local event budget with support from the Regional and National Events Directors
• Implement strategies to prevent tobacco use and encourage quitting within the Hip-Hop scene
• Coordinate and work with local team members, contractors and outside parties such as venue owners, booking agents, promoters, street team members, artists, DJs, media personalities, retail owners and Hip-Hop cultural influencers
• Collaborate with Company team members to create campaign-related communication materials including, recaps, client feedback/recommendations and event proposals; • Work with Rescue Staffing Manager to manage the scheduling and staffing process for the execution of outreach activations
• Use social networking platforms to generate campaign awareness, recruit local youth and advertise upcoming activations
• Track and maintain all activation assets and materials at all times
• Provide timely reports on campaign progress to Company staff and clients; Activation Management
• Plan, manage and execute Hip-Hop concerts, including show promotions, securing artists, activation set-up/breakdown, negotiating with venues, onsite messaging and experiential marketing
• Plan, manage and execute special activations including, but not limited to rap battles, showcases, meet & greets, media hosted engagements and other Hip Hop related activations
• Develop relationships with local artist, talent reps, booking agents, venues, production companies, local DJs, street team members, promoters, security companies and local authorities
• Host “meet-ups” with local staff on a bi-weekly basis to relay pertinent campaign updates from Company and understand key learning’s from event staff perspective; • Other duties as assigned.
• Must be 21 y/o or older
• Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
• Strong knowledge of local Hip-Hop culture and community in (Los Angeles; San Francisco; San Diego)
• Experience planning, coordinating and managing events and event staff
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize numerous projects at once
• It is required that the Market Manager have a current, valid drivers license, at least 3 years of driving history, and have an acceptable MVR as defined by IES required standards for transporting event materials and collateral to and from events
• Experience leading organized trainings with event staff
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Highly motivated, energetic self-starter who can remain focused;
• Experience working in a collaborative environment with groups of Hip-Hop teenagers;
• Knowledge and success with use of social media for business purposes (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.);
• Experience planning and coordinating event logistics
• Experience in logistics/event management/advertising/marketing account management;
• Experience working in a deadline-driven environment;
• Ability to quickly identify problems and solve them;
• Well versed in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
• Experience working with Hip-Hop brands and/or campaigns;
• Connections with local Hip Hop event promoters, influencers and venues;
• Connections within community to locate and source local Hip-Hop culturally relevant event staff (ages 16-22);
• Ability to interface with all levels within our organization, and externally;
• Exercise judgment and discretion in maintaining confidential and sensitive information; • Experience working events for government and/or government contractor;
• Non-tobacco-use is highly preferred because we only have tobacco-free environments and also to be consistent with our tobacco prevention campaign goals.